- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of oregano
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 flounder filets (or other white fish filet of your choice – we use frozen)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked cilantro lime rice
OPTIONAL SIDES: Fresh cilantro, diced avocado, shredded lettuce, shredded purple cabbage, lime wedges, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream
- Combine spices in a small dish. Sprinkle seasonings over flounder filets, season with salt and pepper, then rub the spices into the fish.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add minced garlic and saute for about 20 seconds, then add in your flounder filets. Don’t overcrowd the pan with too many filets at once. Allow fish to sear well – cooking for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes or so. Check to be sure fish is completely cooked. Fish will be completely white and flaky throughout. Remove to plate and repeat with additional fish filets. Sprinkle seared fish with lime zest.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, corn, red onion and red bell pepper to the same skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes without stirring to allow them to roast and sear. Then stir and let them cook again another couple minutes until vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- Add in drained and rinsed black beans and heat for 1 minute.
Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup cilantro lime rice to a bowl and top with the corn mixture, pieces of blackened fish, and any toppings you desire.