Roasted chicken breast is paired with a delicious apple mustard chutney to go on top of a savory potato latke.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey Dijon Mustard
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Celery stalks
- ¼ cup Ground crackers
- 1/2 tsp each of fennel seed, celery seed, yellow mustard seed
- salt & pepper to taste
- light sprinkle of pure ground mustard
- 1 lb baby potatoes, shredded
- 1 Yellow Onion, shredded
- Preheat oven to 475
- Saute apple in a spritz of heated olive oil.
- Add honey and both mustards
- Cook for 5 minutes on med-high heat
- Set chutney off to the side
- Chop up half the onion and celery.
- Place on baking dish.
- Pat chicken breasts dry then place on baking dish
- Sprinkle all with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Grind up the fennel, celery, and yellow mustard seeds
- Place 3/4 of the seed mix over the chicken breasts, onions, and celery
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle dry mustard
- Once oven is up to temperature, place chicken, onions, and celery in oven.
- While chicken is cooking, shred potatoes with whole onion
- Add remaining dry seed mix
- Add ground crackers
- Mix all with spoon
- With 10 minutes remaining on chicken, thinly coat the bottom of a skillet with remaining olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, make potato mixture into latkes and place in pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Layer the potato latke, the chicken, then onions and celery on top.
What about crockpot buffalo chicken for your next meal?
Get your FREE copy of my top favorite healthy slow cooker recipes. Fill in your info below and YOU’RE IN!
Please allow up to 24 hours for electronic delivery
Whether the weather is warm or cold out, this Buffalo Chicken recipe is perfect in both worlds! Eat this buffalo chicken hot during those cold winter months… or eat it all cold in the summer.
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos if GF is needed)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is GF)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can corn, rinsed
- 1 Avocado
- 1 ½ cups Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Seasoning (I will be working on a MUCH healthier substitute for this very soon!!)
- Place chicken breasts, hot sauce and garlic in crock pot. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5.
- Combine Greek yogurt with Ranch Seasoning packet.
- When chicken is cooked, shred it and fill red container ¾ of the way full with it. Fill the rest of the container with Greek yogurt dressing.
- Assemble by adding 1-2 cups of shredded romaine lettuce to a plate, place chicken mixture on top, followed by 1/4 cup each of the black beans and corn, and 3 oz of avocado slices (1/4 medium avocado).
For 21 Day Fix, each serving = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 tsp
For P90X, each serving = 1 protein, 1 carb, 1 fat, 1 condiment
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Pinch of oregano
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 flounder filets (or other white fish filet of your choice – we use frozen)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked cilantro lime rice
OPTIONAL SIDES: Fresh cilantro, diced avocado, shredded lettuce, shredded purple cabbage, lime wedges, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream
- Combine spices in a small dish. Sprinkle seasonings over flounder filets, season with salt and pepper, then rub the spices into the fish.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add minced garlic and saute for about 20 seconds, then add in your flounder filets. Don’t overcrowd the pan with too many filets at once. Allow fish to sear well – cooking for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes or so. Check to be sure fish is completely cooked. Fish will be completely white and flaky throughout. Remove to plate and repeat with additional fish filets. Sprinkle seared fish with lime zest.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, corn, red onion and red bell pepper to the same skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes without stirring to allow them to roast and sear. Then stir and let them cook again another couple minutes until vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- Add in drained and rinsed black beans and heat for 1 minute.
Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup cilantro lime rice to a bowl and top with the corn mixture, pieces of blackened fish, and any toppings you desire.