Cilantro Lime Rice
Not everyone is a huge fan of cilantro – either you love it or you hate it… And I am definitely a lover of all things cilantro, I’m Colombian, it’s in my blood! This Cilantro Lime Rice is bound to tantalize your tastebuds and bring you to places you’ve never even dreamed of going! Yes! It’s that good. So go ahead and give it a try and let me know your thoughts.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add salt, bay leaf, cumin and rice. Return to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, leave covered for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Fluff rice with fork, add oil, zest, and juices. Stir to combine.
- Add cilantro right before serving.
Looking for a main dish to add this to? Give our Blackened Flounder a try! You’ll feel like you’ve died and gone to Latin heaven.