The flavors in this Chicken Pesto are just absolutely ah-mazing!!! Now, if you’re not into making pesto sauce on your own, go ahead and buy a jar from the store… But I’m warning you – fresh is absolutely best!!
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 4 oz raw boneless, skinless chicken breast
- dash black pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp pesto sauce
- 2 thick slices of large tomato
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz slice (dairy free) mozzarella
- dash Himalayan salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Season both sides of the chicken with pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken; cook for 3-4 minutes each side – until no longer pink in the middle.
- Layer chicken with pesto sauce, tomato slices, and basil leaves.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook covered for an additional 1-2 minutes until tomatoes have softened.