Fix Approved French Toast
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 16 mins
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slices whole grain GF bread (Canyon Bakehouse 7-Grain is my favorite!)
- 1 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- Combine eggs, almond milk, 1 tsp of the maple syrup, and cinnamon in a shallow pan. Whisk to blend.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once skillet is hot, coat each side of bread in the egg mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Bread should be a nice, golden brown.
- Top each slice with the berries and remaining 1 tsp of maple syrup.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 slice + 1/2 c strawberries Calories: 219 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 84 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 11 g Cholesterol: 186 mg
If strawberries are not in season, frozen ones will work or you may serve with: chopped apples & cinnamon, peaches with a touch of pure vanilla extract, 1/4 large banana, chopped, mangoes, chopped (to fit in 1/2 purple container)
21 Day Fix: 1 yellow, 1/2 purple, 1/2 red, 1/2 tsp