Homemade Pesto Sauce
There is nothing more delicious to me then fresh basil and garlic. Putting them together into this freshly made pesto sauce is like heaven to my tastebuds! Instead of using the very expensive pine nuts typically found in a pesto sauce, I use roasted almond slices instead. Tastes way better than any jarred stuff you’d buy from the store!
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesanesque cheese (this is a dairy free version of parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 cup roasted almond slices
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.