When it comes to salsa, homemade is THE BEST!
This is a super easy homemade salsa recipe to make. The most time consuming part is giving it time to marinate so that the flavors combine well and leave your mouth wanting more! The hardest part will be waiting for that to happen. 🙂
Recipe Type: Dips & Spreads
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 16 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1 medium jalapeno, roasted, seeds and veins removed, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed, finely chopped
- Combine jalapeno, tomatoes, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add garlic, onion, and cilantro; mix well.
- Allow to marinate for as long as possible before using.
** To roast the jalapeno – slice in half lengthwise and de-vein and de-seed it. Brush a small amount of olive oil on both sides of each half. Either broil in oven or cook in a small skillet on the stovetop until the pepper is slightly browned.