Roasted Chicken Breast With Apple Mustard Chutney
Roasted chicken breast is paired with a delicious apple mustard chutney to go on top of a savory potato latke.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey Dijon Mustard
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Celery stalks
- ¼ cup Ground crackers
- 1/2 tsp each of fennel seed, celery seed, yellow mustard seed
- salt & pepper to taste
- light sprinkle of pure ground mustard
- 1 lb baby potatoes, shredded
- 1 Yellow Onion, shredded
- Preheat oven to 475
- Saute apple in a spritz of heated olive oil.
- Add honey and both mustards
- Cook for 5 minutes on med-high heat
- Set chutney off to the side
- Chop up half the onion and celery.
- Place on baking dish.
- Pat chicken breasts dry then place on baking dish
- Sprinkle all with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Grind up the fennel, celery, and yellow mustard seeds
- Place 3/4 of the seed mix over the chicken breasts, onions, and celery
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle dry mustard
- Once oven is up to temperature, place chicken, onions, and celery in oven.
- While chicken is cooking, shred potatoes with whole onion
- Add remaining dry seed mix
- Add ground crackers
- Mix all with spoon
- With 10 minutes remaining on chicken, thinly coat the bottom of a skillet with remaining olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, make potato mixture into latkes and place in pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Layer the potato latke, the chicken, then onions and celery on top.
What about crockpot buffalo chicken for your next meal?